What is a laboratory order?
Healthcare providers use laboratory orders for tests to diagnose, screen for diseases, monitor treatments and evaluate a patient’s overall health.
A laboratory order can go by many names, such as a laboratory requisition form, lab order form, or a test request form.
Laboratory order components
While the name and design may vary, all laboratory orders include the following:
- Patient details
Whom is the order for?
- Healthcare provider, NPI and laboratory order details
Which tests were ordered, and who ordered them?
- Billing information
Who will pay for the lab testing services?
Example lab order:
Uploading laboratory orders
Begin the Scarlet® scheduling process by entering location, health insurance information and patient information. You will then be prompted to upload your test order:
Scarlet accepts .pdf, .doc, .jpeg and .png file formats.
You may upload a laboratory test order one of two ways:
- Click anywhere in the blue file uploader box, and choose the file(s) containing the laboratory test order you would like to upload
- Locate the file on your desktop, and drag the file into the file uploader
To upload a paper laboratory test order:
- Scan or take a snapshot of the test order you would like to upload
- Continue to upload your test order as described in “For orders saved on your device”